RACHETSoft Desktop Integration
Worried about training staff on new software? Do you need some add-on features to your document management system? What you really need is a Magic Button.
RATCHETSoft has created a solution that is just that.
RACHETSoft allows you to customize your software applications to allow them to perform the specific functions you need -- without having to modify your application. By integrating your applications with the other systems you need to get work done, it empowers you to deploy solutions geared toward your users and their needs. This gives you greater control over the information you need - when you need it and where you need it.
Add Features to Your Existing Applications
RACHETSoft allows the addition of new features to your existing applications without having to change those systems in any way. You no longer have to rely on software developers and vendors for integration cooperation. RACHETSoft monitors the information in your application screen and provides relevant menu options.
Some of the more common feature types include:
- extracting and pasting information from and to websites and other desktop applications.
- exchanging data with electronic forms.
- jumping to shared contexts in other systems (e.g. show me all the documents in my document management system for the current customer).
- accessing proprietary data systems.
There is virtually no limit to the features you can add to your existing applications.
So How Does That Work?
RACHETSoft monitors all the screens you have active. When you navigate to a screen that you’ve explicitly told it to monitor, it automatically reads the data contained within and places the Ratchet-X Magic Button in the application’s title bar.
When you click the magic button, you’re presented with a list of new features that can be performed from that screen using the data contained within as inputs.
For example, you just had a customer fill in a contact form on your website. When you pull up your contact management system RACHETSoft can look at the address fields and pass that information to the third party such as SmartyStreets to verify and standardize your database of mailing address information.
You could also have it do things such as search for documents related to that contact in your FileBound document management system.
Oftentimes organizations integrate only a portion of the systems with a new document management system. That approach limits how efficient the system could be and how ROI looks down the road.
RACHETSoft will help you:
- Increase productivity from existing applications.
- Reduces errors.
- Streamline business processes and workflows.
- Reduce IT spend.
- Promote user efficiency.
Supported FileBound Operations
The FileBound Action Pack enables users to “FileBound enable” any Windows, browser or legacy application without having to change that application in any way.
The following FileBound operations are supported by the Action Pack:
- Scan and index documents using integrated application data.
- Index and copy integrated application data into open documents metadata fields.
- Import new documents (with metadata) from application.
- Search for documents from integrated application.